Show and Tell
- Horas: Less than 30 min
- Participantes: More than 10
- Metodología: Virtual
Activate the connection between team members.
A PC or similar device with conference call capabilities for online collaboration.
- Send out an email several days before the start of the meeting or team building asking participants to prepare something that is meaningful to them (e.g. toy, award, photo, hobby, etc.).
- Have them prepare a short talk about what they will be sharing.
- Start the video conference and instruct team members that they have one minute to show the item via their web cam and tell about it. If there are no web cams available, you can have each team members send a photo instead via a shared drive.
- Encourage team members to ask questions. Remember that the purpose of this activity is for each team members get the chance to know each other and increase trust.
This activity should result in a lot of stories, laughing and fun. The ultimate outcome is to increase unity and trust on the team.
Things to note:
Ensure you budget your time appropriately for this activity. The more participants, the more time you will need. Each participant will need about 3 minutes to share and answer questions.